The Clay Worker’s Guild of Illinois is a dedicated group of ceramic clay artists and artisans. The Clay Workers’ Guild of Illinois exists to provide diverse educational, collaborative, and networking opportunities for both its members and for the general public.
Through various activities, we of the Clayworkers’ Guild serve the community while we provide exhibits and workshops. We strive to aid, encourage, advise, and work together to support each other’s endeavors. We always welcome new members, and we delight in sharing what we do with interested participants.
Topics we’ve addressed in workshops
- Salt Fire
- Building and Repairing an Electric Kiln
- Glaze Techniques
- Textural Glazes
- Health and Safety
- Photographing Pottery
- Tile Making
- Building a Raku Kiln
- Building a Salt Kiln
And our presenters have included
Richard Peeler — Marj Peeler — Clare Berger Bailey — Tom Vician — Flo Singer — Sam Rosby — Dale Raddatz — Jim Connell — Karl Borgeson — Willard Stollen — David Nicholas — Brian Gartside — Cecil Strawn — Tom Feyrer — Richie Bellinger — Tom Hubbell — Dennis Bancroft — Ann Maraviglia — Ann Nevills — Sharon Bladholm — Gail Jones — Yih Wen Kuo — Tony Winchester — Arthur Hand — John Bailey — Esther Shimazu — Steve Hansen
Join us, won’t you, and start enjoying membership benefits?
- We invite anyone that has an interest in clay to join us. No matter what your skill level or which branch of clay your prefer, you will find a group of people that love clay ready to welcome you!
- Access to all Guild meetings & social events
- Free entry into the Annual Member Show at the Old Court
- House Arts Center
- First notification of all Guild Workshops
- Discounts on Guild Workshops
- Show tent – free for use by members only
- Display stands – free for use by members only
- Borrow videos of past Guild workshops